Wednesday, May 21, 2014

CVS Grabs: Rimmel by Kate Lipstick 05 & Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm

Hello there!

I am home for summer break, my last summer break as an undergrad might I add, and before I start work and summer classes, I have plenty of time on my hands. Today I was running to CVS to get a card for someone, and you know I can't be in CVS without perusing the cosmetic section...like I do in every store. Anyway, I didn't get a lot of items, but I got two lip colors, Rimmel by Kate Lipstick 05, and Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm. I am going to show pictures and review both products. So, lets get into it!


Rimmel by Kate Lipstick 05
First, can we discuss how cute the packaging is? Adorable.


As you can see, the color is a pretty pink. It's not really a hot hot pink, but clearly it's not a soft pale pink either. I picked it out because I thought it would be great for summer. So I tried it on of course, and...


I love it! It's just what I was looking for. Even though pink is my favorite color, I really don't have that many pink lipsticks surprisingly. I do have Girl About Town by MAC, and I love that color. It's a much hotter pink than this color, however, but I still love this lip color because it's a great pink for the season. Also, this lipstick smells so good! Claps for Kate for good smelling lipstick! This can be found in drugstores for about $6. 

Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm



Unfortunately, I was not impressed with this product at all. As  you can see from the first photo, the lip stain is on one side, and the balm is on the other end. I have tons of purple lip colors, so I was looking for one that wasn't as dark, and wasn't as light as the ones I have. I guess you could say I was looking for a happy medium.

 Anyway, I put this on and was highly disappointed. I do not know if it was just me, but the color on my lips was completely different from the color on the tube. The lip stain barely showed up, and it was more sheer than anything. I had to keep coating my lips to get it to show it, and it still barely showed up.I truly only got it because it was 50% off which made it a little over $5, and now I see why. Revlon typically has great products so I was a little upset that this was not what I thought I was. 


Today I was 1 for 2 in my grabs, which is okay. I am in love with the Rimmel by Kate lipstick though. Definitely going to grab a few more shades! Hope you enjoyed the post!

XO,
Kandace







1 comments:

... said...

I'm obsessed with baby/light pinks <3 and revlon? What a steal! (: Hope I find it! (:

Post a Comment