Sunday, August 10, 2014

Big Birthday Post!

Hey guys!

I am no longer blogging as a 20 year old, because I am finalllllly 21! My birthday was this past Thursday (the 7th) and I am super excited to finally be truly legal! The world is now my oyster! Ha! Anyway, I have tons and tons to blog about, including my Sephora free birthday gift, as well as new makeup I treated myself to. I also wanted to share some pictures of my outfits, the nail polish I wore throughout the weekend, some gifts, and celebrations! It is going to be kind of a big post, but a fun one, and I hope you enjoy it! 


I was presented with these balloons by my parents at 6 in the morning. I love them, and they are still currently in my room.


I wore this pin last year on my birthday, and I busted it back out again Thursday. My mom found one that said 21 on it, so when I went into work, I wore both. Obnoxious, I know.
So my parents led me to believe that I wasn't getting much because they paid for my On The Run Tour ticket, and I was fine with that. So that morning they only gave me a new Alex & Ani bracelet, (doing a post on my collection soon), and the MAC Rihanna Viva Glam Lipglass. However, they surprised me with a new Michael Kors bag later that day.


Sorry it's a little blurry. I could not for the life of me get it to focus properly.



I did get a chance to wear it, and I really like it. It's great for when you don't want a lipstick, but do want some shiny color. I really like it.

For my nails, I wound up not wearing the Julep color that I said I was going to. I don't know why, but I wanted something brighter. So, I decided to wear the Geranium Essie color I posted about in my New Beauty Buys post. I was never one for red nails, I guess mainly because I felt red made my hands look old. However, I realized that I wasn't getting the right red polish for me. I needed to be wearing a more cherry red with like orangeish undertones. I went and got a mani pedi with this color the day before my birthday and I'm glad I did. It looks really good, and is a very classy color. To me it said, "21." Ha! Anyway, here are some pictures of the color. 




I touched it up myself today to keep it nice, but it honestly had only 2 little chips, and it was still shiny for the most part. Very long lasting polish, which is great. I'm going to keep this on for another few days.

The evening of my birthday, my I went to the Cheesecake Factory, and in the mall where it is, there is also a Sephora and MAC counter. I went into Sephora to get my free birthday gift, and I decided to treat myself to a new MAC lipstick.





The Sephora birthday gift came with a lipstick, and a mascara from the Make Up For Ever line. I have yet to test either out, but the lipstick is a very pretty color, and the mascara brush looks like it is going to work very well. The MAC lipstick I got is Velvet Teddy which is a very pretty matte nude. 




Again, I apologize, I could not get the camera to focus, but the lipstick color is called Rouge by Make Up For Ever.





I LOVE this color. I've decided I like matte nudes better than like frost or creme one nudes. They stay on a lot longer, which is expected of matte. I wore this color to brunch with my boyfriend Saturday morning, and to church this morning. I love it. Gives a very natural look. And it's a darker nude which suits me better.

Also, I picked up a new Nars concealer because the last one I got was just too dark. I grabbed the wrong one and thought I could make it work, but I couldn't. So my mom was using it so I just gave it to her and went back to get a new one. I'll post about that later. 

I have two outfits I want to share, the one from my actual birthday, and the one I wore out with my friends to Dave & Busters Friday night. 



Shirt: TJ Maxx
Skirt: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Bag: Michael Kors 
Sandals: If Carrini (I believe I got them from Nordstrom Rack or Ross)
Pin: Icing
Lipstick: Ruby Woo by MAC




Shirt: TJ Maxx
Pants: TJ Maxx
Clutch: Hobo
Sandals: Coach
Necklace: Charming Charlie
Pin: Icing
Lipstick: Ruby Woo by MAC


Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the post so far! I know there's a lot in it, but I thought it would be easier to get everything in one post! Here are some more pictures from the weekend!









I know this is a little different from my normal posts, but I just wanted to share some parts of my birthday with you all. I hope you all enjoyed the post and thank you so much for reading! Until next time!

XO,
Kandace






















0 comments:

Post a Comment