Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Five Essentials You Need for a Perfect At Home Mani!

Hey guys!

First, let me apologize for my absence. I know I've neglected my blog for a week, but work has had me super tired! Working with kids is no joke. Plus, my summer class is ending soon which means the work has picked up. There's been lots of other things going on as well, so I've been a little tied up, but I'm back! I've been wanting to do a post about at home manicures for a while, and though due to time constraint, I can't do an as in-depth post as I would like to right now, but I thought this would make a good post, and be very informative. We all want a pretty at home manicure, and with these five essentials, we can get one easily. Let's get into it!



(pictured from left to right)
1. Top Coat (this one is Sally Hansen's Super Shine Top Coat, the one I swear by)
2. Nail Buffer
3. Nail Scrubbing Brush
4. Nail File
5. Cuticle Pusher/Correction Stick/Under Nail Cleaner (I'm not really sure what the correct term is for this item, don't judge me, but it can be used for more than one thing)


This top coat is AMAZING. I posted about it previously, and you can check out that post here. Top coat is key for any manicure, because it helps avoid chipping, and it makes your nails look even better with a shiny finish. Just an fyi, my nail color is called Lacey Lilac by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear.  I probably won't get to do a nail post on that particular color, so I just wanted to throw the name out there.


This brush is so so important for any manicure because your nails have to be clean to look pretty! When there's dirt under your nails, it makes the top of the nail and your finger  dirty, and that throws off the whole manicure. It's very important to make sure that under those nails are super clean. When giving a manicure, you can soak your hands and use this, or do it in the shower. Trust me, you'll notice a difference. 


A nail file is key in shaping your nails, and taking care of those jagged edges. Definitely use a nail file to make your nails your desired shape (round, square, oval, etc.) and to make them the same length if you do not want to use a nail cutter. The second item is good for pushing your cuticles back, as well as using the sharper part to clean under your nails if the nail scrubber couldn't reach the dirt. Also, sometimes I use the sharp part (after I clean it) to get rid of the excess nail polish on my skin. Although, I typically use Q-tips for that.

These are some of the items that I use to do my at home manicures, and I wanted to share! Most of these items can be bought for very cheap individually, or found in a manicure set. I hope you enjoyed the post! 

Until next time!
Kandace






0 comments:

Post a Comment