Saturday, July 5, 2014

New Hair: Highlights!

Hi all!

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! So, for those who know me, you know that I have wanted highlights in my hair for the LONGEST time. Yesterday, I finally got my long awaited highlights in my hair, and I'm SO happy with how they turned out! First off let me say, that absolutely no bleach was needed for these. Every hairdresser or salon I spoke with about getting highlights told me that because my hair is so dark, they would need to bleach my hair in order to obtain a lighter color. However, this color came with absolutely no bleach at all. I was hesitant to get highlights done if bleach was needed because I already have a relaxer in my hair, and I didn't think it was a good idea to add that harshness to my hair. Especially since it is just now growing back to the length it was a few years ago after heat damage. My cousin Theresa, fondly known as Tee Tee, is a hairdresser in Atlanta, GA, and she came up to visit her sister, my other cousin, this weekend to go to the Beyonce' and Jay Z concert. (which I will be attending on Monday, stay tuned for my outfit and makeup posts!) A while ago I asked her to do my highlights the next time she came to the DC, and she agreed. I wanted like chestnut colored highlights, and that's exactly what she gave me. She trimmed it because it was quite uneven, and she curled it very pretty which you will see in the pictures. She mixed two colors, and she used a developer so that bleach was not needed. She also sat me under the hydrating machine, which was definitely an experience. If you have never sat under a hydrating machine, just let me tell you, it works, but it is not fun. It's very steamy, and very hot water can tend to drip on you. However, it works wonders for you hair, leaving it very moisturized and hydrated. It tremendously decreased the shedding in my hair also. Remember, if you get a relaxer, it is super important to wait 2-3 weeks before you put any type of dye or color or whatever in your hair. Too many chemicals in a short amount of time can cause serious breakage, and even cause your hair to fall out. Well, enough of me blabbing, check out the pictures of my highlights below!




These two photos were taken with flash.



These two pictures were taken without flash.

I absolutely love how it turned out! I have attached the link to my cousin's StyleSeat page here. GA people, check her out! She does great work!

Until next time!
Kandace







4 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely awesome! I would be so proud if I could do something like this!!!!.Hair cuttery davie fl

Unknown said...

Hi,
Moda Hair Design and Spa specializes in hair color,hair extensions and facials. More
Beauty salon davie

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips. Usually, I do not post on blogs, but I wish to say that this post really forced me to do so! Thanks, incredibly nice article. Thank you lots, I am obliged to announce that your blog is excellent! Color correction davie

Unknown said...

This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. Keratin in davie

Post a Comment