Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Daily Makeup Routine Products!

Hey guys!

So I decided to do a post about products I use in my everyday makeup routine. People always tell me they don't know how I have time to do my makeup everyday, and truthfully, it takes me no more than 10 minutes, and on a bad day, 15. I guess because I've made it apart of my routine, I think nothing of it. With that being said, I'm going to show you the products I use everyday to get a simple natural look. I make my makeup look very simple and subtle. There are some of these products in this post that I don't use every single day, but most days, I use them. I'll be sure to note that when I show each item. So, let's jump into it!



I know this looks like a lot, but it's really not I promise. Each one of these products does not take long to apply at all. I have chap stick, and different lipglosses I choose from, concealer, bronzer, eyeliner, mascara, highlighter, and a eyebrow brush. (I forgot to show the eyeshadow palettes I use, but I figured that could be another post.)


I'll start with the lip products I use. So, I always start with chap stick, and this is the basic chap stick you can find anywhere, the kind that everyone has. I just ripped my wrapper off so you can't tell what brand it is, but it's the basic brand. I have Sephora lipgloss, which came in one of my many birthday presents that I get from Sephora. I have Wet N Wild Megaslicks, and I don't care what anyone says, I love this lipgloss. This color is Bronze Berry I believe, and it adds a tint and a shimmer to my lips. And lastly, I use this Ellen Tracy lipgloss which I found in Marshalls one day, and I love it because it's sheer and shiny, just how I like my lipgloss. As you can see I really like it because the cap is wearing down on me. I always have on lip gloss of some sort, if I don't have on lipstick. I chose not to show my lipstick because I don't wear it every single day, and I figured that I could do a separate post of my lipstick collection. 


Next, I have concealer, which is by Mary Kay, shades Bronze 1, and Bronze 2. My skin complexion is closer to Bronze 2, but until I get that teeny tiny kiss from the sun, I mix both shades together to get the perfect shade. Although I could go with just Bronze 2, I usually mix both if I have both shades at the time. Bronze 1 is way too light to wear by itself. Mary Kay is one of my favorite concealers to wear. It lasts long, and it's only $10. I'm also a big fan of MAC and Nars concealer. I use this under my eyes, and for small blemishes on my forehead. It conceals really really well. This product comes highly recommended from me. If you can, try to always apply concealer with a brush because using your fingers can spread germs and bacteria all over your face. Also, brushes apply it better. 


This eyeliner is by Lancome, and even though I like it, my favorite eyeliner ever is by Maybelline, the one with the green cap that you don't have to sharpen. (I can't think of the proper name right now) This eyeliner gets the job done though, and truthfully when I ran out of Maybelline eye liner, I found this unused Lancome pencil in my house, so I figure I'll just use it until it runs out, then I'll go back to my favorite. I always have on eyeliner, even if I don't have on eyeshadow, which I usually do. Sorry this eyeliner looks so unattractive, I literally use it everyday, so it's a little worn. The only thing I don't like about this eyeliner is it does have a tendency to smudge, but other than that, I like it. 


This mascara is also from Sephora, and I got it in my birthday present from there also. I actually really like it, but Maybelline makes my favorite mascara ever which is the Falsies one in the purple packaging. I ran out of that, and I've been using this since then. Though I really do like this one, when this runs out, which will most likely be soon, I will go back and get my Falsies by Maybelline. However this mascara really pulls my lashes out, and I would definitely get it again. 


This bronzer is by Nicole Miller, and my mom recently gave it to me because she never used it. I really like it, and majority of the time I've had it, I've worn it since then. I like the shimmer it gives my skin, and since I don't really use blush, this is a good fit for me. I don't use this if I'm just running out somewhere, but if I'm hanging out for the day, or going to church or something, I'll wear this. 


Lastly, I have this highlighter, which also came from Sephora, and yes, you guessed it, came in my birthday present. I really adore this stuff. I usually swipe it under my eyebrows, and if I'm not wearing bronzer, I'll swipe across my cheek for a subtle shimmer. I use this very often, and I love it, love it, love it. I've had it for a year, and I still have a ton left because you don't need much. Too much of this will give a very "fake" look which we don't want. Just a little swipe will do. I will definitely be getting another one of these whenever it runs out, which won't be anytime soon.

I know all of this stuff looks like a lot to do, but I promise it's not. It will give you a very pretty look in a short amount of time. Even if I have on nothing else, I always have something on my lips, eyeliner, and concealer. It's very rare you catch me without those three items. Like I said, I typically have on eyeshadow, but I didn't post about it in this post because I have enough to do a separate post, same goes for the lipstick. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post!

Until next time!
XO,
Kandace


P.S. I know my nails are a different color from the color I last posted about, but stay tuned for a new nail post soon!







0 comments:

Post a Comment